If you’re a fan of Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce and love fried chicken, then you’re going to love this recipe! This crispy and spicy chicken paired with the tangy and peppery sauce is the perfect combination for any meal. The best part is that you can make this recipe in just a few simple steps. Here’s how:
Table of Contents:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and 1/4 cup of the Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips or nugget-sized pieces.
- Place the chicken into the buttermilk mixture and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat the vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, making sure they are fully coated.
- Carefully place the chicken into the hot oil and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce with the mayonnaise, honey, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Serve the fried chicken with the Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce for dipping.
Optional Serving Suggestions:
This spicy fried chicken goes well with a side of coleslaw or fries. You can also serve it on a sandwich with some lettuce and tomato.
Tips and Notes:
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for 5 minutes.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before frying the chicken to ensure a crispy exterior. You can test it by dropping a small piece of bread into the oil. If it immediately sizzles and turns golden brown, the oil is ready.
- Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you prefer a milder sauce, you can reduce the amount of cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- For the best flavor, let the chicken marinate in the buttermilk mixture for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
1. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I bake the chicken instead of frying it?
Yes, you can bake the chicken in the oven at 400°F for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and crispy. Make sure to place the chicken on a wire rack to ensure even browning.
3. Can I use a different type of hot sauce?
Yes, you can use any hot sauce you prefer in the Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce recipe. However, the flavor may differ slightly from the original Arby’s sauce.
4. Can I make the Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
5. Can I use a different type of flour?
Yes, you can use any type of flour you prefer for dredging the chicken. However, all-purpose flour produces the crispiest coating.
There you have it, a delicious and easy recipe for Arby’s Three Pepper Sauce with fried chicken. This recipe is perfect for a quick and satisfying meal that’s sure to please your taste buds. Give it a try and let us know what you think!