If you’re a fan of Japanese cuisine, you’re probably familiar with Benihana’s flavorful sauces. One of the most popular sauces is Diablo sauce, which is known for its spicy kick. The best part is that you can easily recreate this sauce at home. Here’s a recipe for Benihana Diablo sauce:
Table of Contents:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, and hot sauce.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
- When you’re ready to serve, give the sauce a good stir and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
This sauce is a great accompaniment to grilled or stir-fried meats such as chicken, beef, and shrimp. It also works well as a dipping sauce for vegetables or as a marinade.
Tips and Notes:
- If you prefer a milder sauce, reduce the amount of hot sauce or leave it out altogether.
- Make sure to use fresh garlic and ginger for the best flavor.
- You can store the leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
1. What makes this sauce “Diablo?”
The hot sauce is what gives this sauce its spicy kick, hence the name “Diablo.”
2. Can I use other types of hot sauce?
Yes, you can use any hot sauce you prefer. Just keep in mind that it may affect the flavor of the sauce.
3. Can I use this sauce as a marinade?
Absolutely! This sauce works well as a marinade for meats and seafood.
4. Is this sauce gluten-free?
As long as you use gluten-free soy sauce, this sauce is gluten-free.
5. Can I make a larger batch of this sauce?
Yes, simply double or triple the recipe as needed.
With this recipe, you can enjoy the delicious flavor of Benihana’s Diablo sauce right in your own home. It’s easy to make and can be customized to your taste. Try it out and spice up your next meal!