If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make sauce recipe to complement your seafood boil, look no further than the famous Blove’s Sauce. This sauce is packed with flavor and is the perfect addition to your seafood feast.
Table of Contents:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients until they are well combined and the sauce is smooth.
- Refrigerate the sauce for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Drizzle the Blove’s Sauce over your seafood boil and enjoy!
This sauce pairs perfectly with a classic seafood boil, but it also goes well with fried seafood, grilled shrimp, or as a dipping sauce for french fries or onion rings.
Tips and Notes:
- Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to your desired level of spiciness.
- You can make this sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you don’t have sweet chili sauce, you can substitute it with sriracha or any other hot sauce.
- For a creamier sauce, you can add a tablespoon or two of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Q. Is Blove’s Sauce spicy?
A. The heat level of Blove’s Sauce can be adjusted by adding more or less cayenne pepper. It has a mild to medium heat level, depending on your preference.
Q. Can I use Blove’s Sauce as a marinade?
A. Yes, Blove’s Sauce can be used as a marinade for seafood, chicken, or vegetables. Simply coat the food in the sauce and let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours before cooking.
Q. Can I use this sauce as a salad dressing?
A. Yes, you can use Blove’s Sauce as a salad dressing. Just add a little bit of water or apple cider vinegar to thin it out and make it easier to pour over your salad.
Q. How long can I store Blove’s Sauce in the fridge?
A. Blove’s Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Q. Can I use low-fat mayo in this recipe?
A. Yes, you can use low-fat mayo in this recipe, but it may affect the texture and creaminess of the sauce.
Blove’s Sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used in so many ways. Whether you’re having a seafood boil or just want to add some flavor to your meal, this sauce is definitely worth trying.