Are you looking for a unique and flavorful moonshine recipe to impress your friends and family? Look no further than this Best Butterscotch Moonshine Recipe! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this delicious and sweet moonshine is perfect for sipping on a cool evening or sharing with your favorite people. Here’s how to make it:
Table of Contents:
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pint butterscotch schnapps
- 1 pint 190 proof grain alcohol (such as Everclear)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the apple cider, granulated sugar, and brown sugar over high heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the butterscotch schnapps, grain alcohol, and cinnamon sticks. Stir well to combine.
- Cover the pot and let the mixture simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After an hour, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, remove the cinnamon sticks and pour the moonshine into mason jars or other airtight containers. Seal and store in a cool, dark place for at least 1 week before drinking.
This butterscotch moonshine is delicious on its own, but can also be enjoyed over ice or mixed with soda or lemonade for a refreshing cocktail. Try garnishing with a cinnamon stick or apple slice for added flair!
Tips and Notes:
- Be sure to use a large enough pot to hold all the ingredients – a Dutch oven is a great option.
- Grain alcohol can be dangerous, so handle with care and keep out of reach of children.
- If you prefer a stronger moonshine, add more grain alcohol to the mixture, but be sure to use caution when drinking!
- Store the moonshine in a cool, dark place for best results.
Q: What is grain alcohol and where can I find it?
A: Grain alcohol, also known as neutral spirits, is a high-proof alcohol that is typically made from grains such as corn, wheat, or barley. It can be found at most liquor stores.
Q: Can I use a different type of alcohol?
A: While the recipe calls for 190 proof grain alcohol, you could also use vodka or moonshine if preferred.
Q: How long will the moonshine keep?
A: When stored in a cool, dark place, the moonshine should keep for several months.
Q: Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe?
A: While you could reduce the amount of sugar, it may affect the overall taste and consistency of the moonshine.
Q: Is this recipe safe to make at home?
A: When handled and consumed responsibly, this recipe is safe to make at home. However, be sure to use caution when working with high-proof alcohol and always drink in moderation.
This Best Butterscotch Moonshine Recipe is a fun and flavorful way to enjoy a homemade spirit. Perfect for sipping or sharing, this moonshine is sure to impress your guests. Just remember to handle with care and drink responsibly!