Are you looking for a delicious cocktail sauce recipe that doesn’t require horseradish? This recipe is perfect for those who prefer a milder flavor. The addition of air fryer shrimp makes it the perfect pairing for any seafood dish. Here’s how to make it:
Table of Contents:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked and diced air fryer shrimp
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- Add the cooked and diced air fryer shrimp to the bowl and stir until the shrimp is fully coated in the cocktail sauce.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve with your favorite seafood dish and enjoy!
This cocktail sauce pairs perfectly with any seafood dish. Serve it alongside air fryer shrimp, crab cakes, or even with a classic shrimp cocktail.
Tips and Notes:
- This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups of cocktail sauce.
- If you prefer a spicier sauce, feel free to add more hot sauce to taste.
- Leftover cocktail sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also cook the shrimp in a skillet or oven.
- If you want a thicker consistency, add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the sauce and cook until thickened.
Q. Can I make this cocktail sauce ahead of time?
A. Absolutely! You can make this cocktail sauce up to 2 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Q. Can I use frozen shrimp instead of air fryer shrimp?
A. Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Simply thaw the shrimp first and cook them according to your preferred method.
Q. Is this cocktail sauce gluten-free?
A. This recipe is not gluten-free due to the Worcestershire sauce. However, you can use a gluten-free Worcestershire sauce to make it gluten-free.
Q. Can I make this cocktail sauce without the hot sauce?
A. Yes, you can omit the hot sauce if you prefer a milder flavor.
Q. What other seafood dishes can I serve with this cocktail sauce?
A. This cocktail sauce pairs well with any seafood dish, including fried fish, scallops, and even lobster tails!
This cocktail sauce recipe is perfect for those who love a milder flavor. The addition of air fryer shrimp makes it a delicious pairing for any seafood dish. Give it a try and enjoy a tasty and satisfying meal!