Fried mushrooms are a delicious and crispy snack that can be enjoyed on their own, but they are even better with a dipping sauce. Here is a recipe for the best dipping sauce for fried mushrooms that you can make at home. This sauce is tangy, creamy, and has just the right amount of kick to complement the earthy flavor of the mushrooms.
Table of Contents:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed. You can add more honey for sweetness, more vinegar for acidity, or more cayenne pepper for heat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the sauce for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- When you are ready to serve the fried mushrooms, give the sauce a good stir and transfer it to a small bowl.
- Arrange the fried mushrooms on a plate or platter and serve the dipping sauce alongside them.
Optional Serving Suggestions:
This dipping sauce is also delicious with other fried foods like chicken fingers, onion rings, and zucchini fries. You can also use it as a sandwich or burger spread.
Tips and Notes:
- Make sure to let the sauce chill in the refrigerator before serving. This will give the flavors time to meld together and mellow out.
- If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar or lemon juice instead.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can add more mayonnaise.
Q. Can I make this sauce ahead of time?
A. Yes, you can make the sauce up to 2 days ahead of time. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
Q. Can I use regular yellow mustard instead of Dijon?
A. Yes, you can use yellow mustard instead of Dijon, but the flavor will be milder and less tangy.
Q. Can I use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise?
A. Yes, you can use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a healthier version of the sauce. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture will be slightly different.
Q. Is this sauce spicy?
A. The sauce has a little bit of heat from the cayenne pepper, but it is not overly spicy. If you want a spicier sauce, you can add more cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce.
Q. How long does this sauce keep in the refrigerator?
A. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
This dipping sauce is the perfect accompaniment to crispy fried mushrooms. It is easy to make and has just the right balance of tangy, sweet, and spicy flavors. Try it out for your next snack or game day party and watch it disappear!