If you’re a mushroom lover, you have to try this delicious and easy-to-make lobster mushroom dish. The combination of the meaty texture of lobster mushrooms and the rich flavor of butter and garlic will make you fall in love with this recipe. This dish is perfect for those looking for a meatless option for their meals.
Table of Contents:
- 1 lb lobster mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until they are golden brown and tender.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and black pepper.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet and toss the mushrooms until the butter has melted and has coated the mushrooms evenly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
This lobster mushroom dish is perfect as a side dish, or you can serve it over rice or pasta for a filling main dish. Pair it with a glass of your favorite wine for a perfect evening meal.
Tips and Notes:
- If you can’t find lobster mushrooms, you can use any meaty and flavorful mushrooms, such as shiitake or Portobello mushrooms.
- For extra flavor, you can add some chopped shallots or onion to the garlic when sautéing.
- Be sure not to overcrowd the skillet with mushrooms, so they can cook evenly and brown well.
- You can also add some grated Parmesan cheese to the mushrooms for a cheesy twist.
- This dish is best served hot and fresh, but you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Q. Can I use dried mushrooms instead of fresh ones?
A. While fresh mushrooms are best for this recipe, you can rehydrate and use dried mushrooms. Simply soak them in warm water for 30 minutes before using them.
Q. Can I use a different herb instead of parsley?
A. Yes, you can use any herb of your choice, such as thyme or rosemary, or even a combination of herbs.
Q. Can I add some protein to this dish?
A. Yes, you can add some cooked and shredded chicken or shrimp to make it a complete meal.
Q. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
A. While butter adds a rich flavor to this dish, you can use margarine or any other oil or fat of your choice.
Q. How can I make this dish spicier?
A. You can add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the dish to add some heat and spice.
This lobster mushroom dish is perfect for mushroom lovers and those looking for a meatless option. It’s quick, easy, and bursting with flavor. Plus, you can add your own twist to it by experimenting with different herbs, spices, and ingredients. Give it a try and impress your guests with this delicious recipe!