If you’re a seafood lover and looking for a delicious dinner recipe to impress your family, then this Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp recipe with seasoned rice is perfect for you. This dish is easy to make and packed with bold flavors, making it a hit at any dinner party or family get-together. Follow this recipe to make the best grilled shrimp with seasoned rice.
Table of Contents:
- 1 pound of large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1/4 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers, and brush them with the prepared spice mixture on both sides.
- Grill the shrimp skewers for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add rice and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook rice for 15 minutes or until fully cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rice from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add chopped parsley.
- Divide the rice among the plates and top with grilled shrimp skewers. Serve hot.
Serving Suggestions or Variations:
This Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp Recipe with Seasoned Rice tastes great by itself, but if you want to add some extra flavors, you can serve it with a side of tangy cocktail sauce or barbecue sauce. You can also add some freshly chopped cilantro or lime wedges on top for extra zing.
Tips and Notes:
- You can use fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe. If using frozen, make sure to defrost them before grilling.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp, or they will become tough and rubbery.
- Make sure to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from burning.
- If you want the rice to be more flavorful, you can substitute water with chicken or vegetable broth.
- You can also add some diced bell peppers, onions, or tomatoes to the rice for extra texture.
Q. Can I use different types of seafood instead of shrimp?
A. Yes, you can use scallops, fish fillets, or even lobster tails instead of shrimp.
Q. Can I make this recipe in advance?
A. Yes, you can marinate the shrimp and cook the rice in advance. When you’re ready to serve, grill the shrimp and reheat the rice on the stove or microwave.
Q. Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
A. Yes, you can use brown rice, but it will take longer to cook than white rice.
Q. How do I prevent the shrimp from sticking to the grill?
A. To prevent sticking, make sure to oil the grill grates well before adding the shrimp skewers. You can also brush some oil on the shrimp before grilling.
Q. What can I serve as a side dish with this recipe?
A. You can serve this recipe with a side of steamed vegetables, creamy coleslaw, or a green salad.
This Texas Roadhouse Grilled Shrimp Recipe with Seasoned Rice is a perfect dinner dish that can be easily made at home. It’s a delicious and healthy meal that everyone will love. With the right ingredients and simple steps, you can make this dish in under 30 minutes. Try this recipe today and impress your family and friends.