If you’re a fan of Carrabba’s Italian Grill, you’ll love this Pollo Rosa Maria recipe. This chicken dish is layered with prosciutto, fontina cheese, and a delicious basil lemon butter sauce. It’s perfect for a special occasion or a satisfying family dinner.
Table of Contents:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 4 slices of fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until even thickness. Season each breast with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on each chicken breast, followed by a slice of fontina cheese.
- Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add lemon juice and white wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped basil and grated parmesan cheese.
- Remove toothpicks or kitchen twine from chicken and serve with the basil lemon butter sauce.
Pair this delicious chicken dish with a side of roasted vegetables or a mixed green salad. It also pairs well with a glass of white wine.
Tips and Notes:
- Remove the toothpicks or kitchen twine carefully to avoid unraveling the chicken roll-ups.
- If you don’t have white wine, you can substitute chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of chicken broth or white wine to thin it out.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd.
- You can prep the chicken roll-ups ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
1. What can I substitute for fontina cheese?
You can use provolone or mozzarella cheese as a substitute.
2. Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, you can substitute coconut cream for the heavy cream and omit the parmesan cheese.
3. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
4. Can I freeze the leftover chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
5. Can I use dried basil instead of fresh basil?
Yes, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of dried basil for the 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves.
This Pollo Rosa Maria recipe is a delicious and impressive dish that’s perfect for a special occasion or a satisfying family dinner. With its layers of prosciutto, fontina cheese, and basil lemon butter sauce, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus, with the helpful tips and serving suggestions, you’ll be able to make this recipe with ease and confidence.