If you’re looking for a new and delicious recipe to add to your meal plan, look no further than this Costco Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast recipe for burritos and sandwiches. This recipe is perfect for busy families or anyone who wants a tasty and satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
Table of Contents:
- 1 Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast (2-3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast, making sure to cover all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the pork roast and sear until browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Pour the chicken or vegetable broth into the skillet or Dutch oven, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits. Cover the skillet or Dutch oven with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Transfer the skillet or Dutch oven to the preheated oven and roast for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork roast reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pork roast from the skillet or Dutch oven and place it on a cutting board. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing thinly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add the mixture to the skillet or Dutch oven and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Return the sliced pork to the skillet or Dutch oven and toss to coat with the sauce. Serve the pork as desired in burritos or sandwiches.
This pork roast is perfect for making burritos or sandwiches, but it can also be used in a variety of other dishes. Try it in tacos, quesadillas, or as a topping for salads.
Tips and Notes
- If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven, you can transfer the pork roast to a baking dish before roasting.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can use a pre-made spice blend instead of mixing your own.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, you can add more chili powder or cayenne pepper to the spice mixture.
- If you don’t have cornstarch, you can use flour or arrowroot powder to thicken the sauce.
1. Can I use a different type of pork roast?
Yes, you can use a different type of pork roast if you prefer. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. How should I store leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
4. Can I use beef or chicken instead of pork?
Yes, you can use beef or chicken instead of pork if you prefer. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
5. What other spices can I use?
You can use any spices you like, such as oregano, thyme, or coriander. Feel free to experiment and find your favorite flavor combinations!
This Costco Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast recipe for burritos and sandwiches is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and satisfying dish that the whole family will love. So give it a try and enjoy!