If you’re looking for a comforting and hearty soup, Rafferty’s Potato Soup is a great choice. This recipe is easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also packed with nutrients to keep you full and satisfied.
Table of Contents:
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional for garnish)
- In a large pot, add the potatoes, onion, garlic, and broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or transferring to a blender in batches, puree the soup until smooth.
- Add the milk, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until the cheese is melted and everything is well combined.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve hot with crumbled bacon, if desired.
This soup makes a great meal on its own, but you can also serve it with crusty bread or a side salad. You can also top it with additional shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream.
Tips and Notes:
- You can use any type of potatoes for this recipe. Russet or Yukon gold potatoes are great choices.
- You can use vegetable broth to make this recipe vegetarian.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, be sure to let the soup cool slightly before blending it in a blender.
- This recipe makes about 8 servings.
1. Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, this soup can be frozen. Allow it to cool completely and then transfer it to a freezer-safe container. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
2. Can I use low-fat milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can use low-fat milk if you prefer. It will still be creamy and delicious.
3. Can I add other vegetables to this soup?
Yes, you can add carrots, celery, or any other vegetables you like to this soup.
4. Can I make this soup in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make this soup in a slow cooker. Add all the ingredients except for the milk, heavy cream, and cheese to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Then, add the milk, heavy cream, and cheese and cook for another 20-30 minutes until everything is well combined.
5. Is this soup gluten-free?
Yes, this soup is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free broth.
This Easy Rafferty’s Potato Soup is a delicious and nutritious meal that you can make in no time! It’s perfect for a chilly night or when you just need something warm and comforting. Don’t be afraid to make it your own by adding your favorite vegetables or toppings. Enjoy!