Kale is a nutrient-dense vegetable that is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It’s also low in calories and high in fiber, making it an excellent addition to any weight loss diet. This fresh kale tonic recipe is a delicious and easy way to incorporate more kale into your daily routine. It’s a refreshing green juice that can help you slim down and boost your energy levels.
Table of Contents:
- 1 bunch of fresh kale (stems removed)
- 2 green apples (cored)
- 1 cucumber (peeled)
- 1 lemon (peeled and seeded)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 cup of cold water
- Wash the kale leaves thoroughly and remove the tough stems.
- Cut the kale into small pieces and put them in a juicer or blender.
- Add the cored green apples, peeled cucumber, peeled and seeded lemon, and peeled ginger to the juicer or blender.
- Add a cup of cold water to the mixture.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Strain the juice using a fine mesh strainer if needed.
- Pour the juice into a glass and enjoy!
This fresh kale tonic is best served cold. You can add ice cubes to the glass for an extra refreshing drink. You can also garnish the drink with a slice of lemon or a sprig of fresh mint.
Tips and Notes:
- You can adjust the sweetness of the drink by adding more or less green apples.
- If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a blender and then strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer.
- You can store the leftover juice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- You can substitute kale with any other leafy greens such as spinach or Swiss chard.
- If you don’t like the taste of ginger, you can omit it from the recipe.
Q. Is kale good for weight loss?
A. Yes, kale is a low-calorie vegetable that is high in fiber, making it an excellent addition to any weight loss diet. It’s also loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help boost your overall health.
Q. Can I make this recipe without a juicer?
A. Yes, you can use a blender to make this recipe and strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer.
Q. Can I substitute kale with another leafy green?
A. Yes, you can use any other leafy greens such as spinach or Swiss chard instead of kale.
Q. How long can I store the leftover juice?
A. You can store the leftover juice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Q. Can I add more sweetener to the recipe?
A. You can adjust the sweetness of the drink by adding more green apples. However, keep in mind that this will also increase the calorie content of the drink.
This fresh kale tonic is an excellent way to incorporate more leafy greens into your diet. It’s low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with nutrients that can help you lose weight and boost your overall health. You can easily adjust the sweetness of the drink and customize it to your taste. Try this recipe today and enjoy the refreshing taste of kale!