If you’re a fan of Italian cuisine and love the classic taste of baked ziti, then you’ll love this recipe from Maggiano’s Little Italy! You can now enjoy the taste of their famous Taylor Street Baked Ziti from the comfort of your own home. This dish combines ziti pasta, ground beef, and a flavorful tomato sauce with a blend of creamy ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. It’s a hearty and satisfying meal that’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
Table of Contents:
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Boil the ziti pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Add marinara sauce to the pan with the beef. Mix well and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked ziti pasta, beef and sauce mixture, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and place it in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the ziti cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This baked ziti goes well with a fresh green salad and garlic bread. You can also switch up the beef for Italian sausage or add some veggies like broccoli or spinach to the mixture for a healthier twist.
Tips and Notes:
- You can cook the ground beef and sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days before assembling the ziti.
- Feel free to use any type of pasta you prefer, but ziti works best for this recipe as it holds the sauce well.
- Make sure to cover the dish with foil during the first half of the cooking time to prevent the cheese from burning.
- This recipe serves 6-8 people.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Absolutely! You can use a blend of any of your favorite cheeses, such as fontina, cheddar, or gouda.
2. Can I use a meat substitute?
Yes, you can use a meat substitute like Beyond Meat or Lightlife instead of ground beef for a vegetarian option.
3. Can I freeze this dish?
Yes, you can freeze this baked ziti for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap before freezing.
4. How can I make this recipe lighter?
You can use a low-fat or fat-free ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese, and reduce the amount of parmesan cheese. You can also add more veggies and less meat to the recipe.
5. How can I make this dish spicier?
You can add some red pepper flakes to the sauce mixture or use spicy Italian sausage instead of ground beef.
If you’re looking for a comforting and filling Italian dinner, this Maggiano’s Taylor Street Baked Ziti recipe is a must-try! It’s easy to make and tastes just like the restaurant version. Don’t forget to serve it with a side salad and some garlic bread for the ultimate meal.