Zoes Kitchen Steak Kabobs are perfect for a summer cookout or a quick weeknight dinner. Juicy steak, colorful vegetables, and a tangy marinade make for a delicious and healthy meal. Follow these easy steps to create this mouthwatering dish!
Table of Contents:
- 1 1/2 pounds of sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 bamboo skewers (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, oregano, salt, and black pepper to make the marinade.
- Add the steak cubes to the marinade and toss until evenly coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated steak cubes, red onion, and bell peppers onto the bamboo skewers, alternating between steak and vegetables.
- Grill the kabobs for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until steak is cooked to your desired doneness and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Remove kabobs from grill and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
These Steak Kabobs are perfect on their own as a main dish or served with a side salad. You can also pair them with pita bread or rice for a heartier meal.
Tips and Notes:
- To ensure even cooking, make sure all the pieces of steak and vegetables are roughly the same size.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.
- If using metal skewers, make sure to use tongs or oven mitts when handling them on the grill, as they can get very hot.
- If you prefer your steak more well-done, grill the kabobs for an extra 1-2 minutes on each side.
1. Can I use a different cut of beef for the kabobs?
Yes, you can use other cuts of beef such as ribeye or tenderloin if you prefer. Just make sure to cut them into 1-inch cubes as directed in the recipe.
2. Can I make the marinade ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the marinade up to a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just make sure to whisk it again before adding the steak cubes.
3. Can I add other vegetables to the kabobs?
Absolutely! You can add zucchini, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, or any other vegetables you like. Just make sure to cut them into 1-inch pieces so they cook evenly on the grill.
There you have it, a simple and delicious recipe for Zoes Kitchen Steak Kabobs. Perfect for summer barbecues or a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Don’t forget to soak your bamboo skewers before grilling and to make sure all the pieces of steak and vegetables are approximately the same size for even cooking. Enjoy!